Monday, January 2, 2012

Blasted crayons

I tried out my heat tool today on the crayons. It's so substantially hotter than a hairdryer that the crayons melt almost immediately, which makes it quite a hard thing to control. I think if I were doing a more 'measured' crayon melt like my last one I might give them a quick blast with the heat tool to get them going, then switch back to the hairdryer for more control.
So, I abandoned control! I scribbled, then grated (then added 'cheese grater' to my shopping list as, like my diffuser, it's irretrievably crayoned). Covered it with parchment (greaseproof) paper and ironed the gratings. Then I chopped little pieces and glued them on.
I melted them and they went all over the place, so that was that. I let them cool as they were, then ran the heat tool over them again and scribbled again, this time with a toothpick. Some kind of tornado is now occurring in Crayonland. As Andreas would say, it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you.

1 comment:

Kel said...

your crayon tornado reminds me of oriental calligraphy with noise ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...