Monday, January 2, 2012

And I feel fine

So this is what became of the Pink Clingfilm Experiment.
From this:
To this, every layer of colour shrinkwrapped (except the figure, obviously):

I think the pink and the cracks in the sky give it a slightly apocalyptic feel, hence the title. There were times I worried about spoiling it, then I realised it was already pink, so how bad could it get? It's only paint and only canvas. Don't do nothing simply out of fear of spoiling what you have. Ah, I knew there was a life application in there somewhere. It might go without saying that I read this quote and immediately substituted 'painting' for life.

A painting is the most personal reflection of your being, your emotions and your character...We all begin by learning the techniques and rules of painting...Sooner or later comes the moment when we tire of this, and we begin our search. We decide to leave all the rules of painting behind and discover that there is an entirely different world of painting: that of abstraction. We realise what real freedom is and lay the foundations for expressive painting: free, unrestrained, spontaneous. It becomes evident that...that reality was in fact a restraint on us...I realised that I had arrived at the point at which my [painting] was fully my own, arising from my inner self...this is what I am.
Rolina Van Vliet ~ The Art of Abstract Painting

1 comment:

Kel said...

i'm really drawn to the texture in this

and the layers of colours
remind me of a pile of macaroons

quite delicious really

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...