Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Cure vs the Disease

So I had my first massage therapy session on Monday. She warned me that as I 'detoxified' over the next few sessions I might feel a bit rough Yes indeed, a bit rough. I had to call in sick to work on Tuesday, felt all woozy and dizzy and my stomach was clearly quite attached to its toxins. I had another session today and we are honing in on exactly where my emotions are stored. She lifted my left arm (the one we have established is the more injured of the two) slowly up and back and just as it started to hurt just a wee bit I started to cry, out of all proportion to the very low level of discomfort. She lowered the arm and it stopped, raised it again and it started. It weirded me out and also made total sense. I spent the rest of the day feeling like I was coming down with the flu and I'm about to take a heavily epsom-salted bath, as instructed. Four cups of epsom salts, she said. I may completely dissolve.
So now I have two healthcare professionals 'detoxifying' me on a regular basis and I'm slightly concerned that when they're done there'll be nothing left of me. I think perhaps my toxins have been keeping me upright, since I haven't been managing upright very well since we started eliminating them. I'll end up like the chickens on the Far Side cartoon of the boneless chicken farm. And today I asked the insurance again if they'd cover a session or two of counselling, since the random emotional episodes are tiresome and could be classified as post-traumatic stress symptoms. If I start simultaneously detoxifying my inner self too dramatic things could start to happen. I have no idea what else is in there.
I also learned that my massage therapist had a child on her own - just decided to go ahead and do it. I think this was A Sign.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...