Monday, May 14, 2012

Something useful

I am bad at washing my floor, which is to say I rarely do it. Vacuum yes, mop, not so much. I bought a swiffer mop but then didn't buy the cloths because of the expense, the chemicals, the fact they're not reusable. Any excuse. So I decided to whip up a cotton cloth made to measure, to make me happy, or happier, about mopping. Et voila. The sides were a bit off but after a single crochet row all round the edge, who's to know?
It's a 35 chain row, eight rows of single crochet, then eight pairs of rows alternating a row of back post single crochet with a row of single crochet, which makes ridges on the cloth for high gusto mopping, finished with another eight rows of single crochet. At the end of the last row, keep going and run a single crochet row round the other three sides to finish.
That's the pattern, in case my mop cloth photos are irresistably tempting...
Time for a bit of a sit down with a cup of tea. Maybe by tomorrow I'll stop just looking admiringly at the cloth and actually use it.


3 comments:

ianbee said...

Unbelieveable.

Sue said...

That's hilarious :)

Fiona C said...

It's so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...