Sunday, May 6, 2012

Small, Non-Brave Things

Christopher Robin and Pooh were podging about. It was a late spring, podging about sort of day. They walked to the middle of the bridge and leaned over, watching the water flow past.
"Sometimes," said Christopher Robin with a pensive sigh, "the world seems very Big and I'm not sure I'm Brave enough for it."
Pooh watched the water and waited, because he could feel an Important Thought and didn't want to spoil it by saying it aloud too soon and having it crumble.
"I think," he said carefully, "that the way to be Brave in Big Things is to make sure you do lots of small, Non-Brave Things each day."
Pooh and Christopher Robin both agreed without saying anything that this was a non-crumbly Important Thought, and played poohsticks for the rest of the morning.

(with apologies to A.A.Milne.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...