An Underwood. Wow, I'm impressed. They're like the top of the deck in typewriters, aren't they?
I remember learning keyboarding at high school, touch-typing on a typewriter. The world is SO much safer now :)
Empty pages. I love that thought. It is an expansive thought, much less scary than the empty screen I stare at when I'm waiting for the words to come :)
Thanks Sue, Underwood was Canadian I think and was bought by Olivetti. My typewriter was made in Canada though. It's top of MY deck, I know that :) It's bloody hard to touch type on a typewriter. I'm impressed. Secretaries in the 60s and 70s must have had fiercely strong fingers.
2 comments:
Your posts, quite simply, Emma, are a delight.
An Underwood. Wow, I'm impressed. They're like the top of the deck in typewriters, aren't they?
I remember learning keyboarding at high school, touch-typing on a typewriter. The world is SO much safer now :)
Empty pages. I love that thought. It is an expansive thought, much less scary than the empty screen I stare at when I'm waiting for the words to come :)
Thanks Sue, Underwood was Canadian I think and was bought by Olivetti. My typewriter was made in Canada though. It's top of MY deck, I know that :) It's bloody hard to touch type on a typewriter. I'm impressed. Secretaries in the 60s and 70s must have had fiercely strong fingers.
Post a Comment