I'm an erratic chef. I should write a book: The Erratic Chef. I'd have recipes for emergency toast and then recipes for roast chicken on the next page.
I'm more inclined to properly cook and eat full meals on the days I'm not working and when it's something I can freeze. Today I made a Chicken Korma from scratch, except I switched chicken for cauliflower since it had chick peas in it for protein and I can't go splashing out on meat every other day. Thanks to Sir Jamie I even made my own curry paste from scratch. Oh yes. I also discovered you can't crush toasted cumin seeds in a food processor. They just think it's fun to go whooshing round and round enjoying the centrifugal force. And who can blame them. I'd rather go whooshing round enjoying the centrifugal force than get sliced into a million pieces. But there comes a time for each of us when the switch goes from 1 to 0. Sorry, got a bit dark there.
And now, three portions lined up in tupperware containers cooling, dishes done, garbage tromped out into the rain for tomorrow's early morning heroes to pick up, tea made, After Eight selected, and NCIS cued up on the internet, hoping this weather doesn't end up in a power cut.
No comments:
Post a Comment