'I don't care if she is a tape dispenser. I love her.'
My littlest brother sent me this a couple of years ago as a birthday card and I've kept it to use as a bookmark. Apart from the presence of snails, which for some undetermined reason pleases me (perhaps because they can retreat into their shells, and no-one judges them for moving slowly), I realized I can relate to this: I've often felt different, an outsider, an Other. (It's actually official on my theology college noticeboard which has 4 sections: Anglican/Lutheran, Presbyterian, United and Other.) I'm a tape dispenser and I just need to find an open-minded snail.
And maybe I need to learn to be a more open-minded tape dispenser.
This is quite surreal.
1 comment:
Embrace your plastic roundness! Embrace your jagged bit where the sticky tape breaks off!
Snails are cute. I apologise to all the ones in the past that I have tormented by touching their eye stem thingies simply to watch them retreat and then poke out again. How irritating for them :)
Post a Comment