So I must say it quickly:
Whoever is in your life,
those who harm you,
those who help you;
and those whom you do not know -
let them off the hook,
help them off the hook.
Recognize the hook.
You are listening to Radio Resistance.
~ Leonard Cohen S.O.S. (excerpt)
I'm feeling quite gung ho about this year with a sort of 'suck it up or change it' attitude. I'm mulling over my word of the year, something with a little bite. Rather than 'pressing on' as I often put it, I'm marching on even though I'm sometimes marching into stillness. I described to several people over Christmas that living in Canada is like being a skimming stone and visiting England is like finally dropping deeper. There is virtue in skimming, but it is inherently unsustainable.
Hence, I love this fierce Neptune statue in Motcombe pond, Eastbourne, both surrounded by tree root reflections and backgrounded by a church.
No comments:
Post a Comment