I got knocked sideways by jet lag this time around, but today, a week after I got back, I'm finally back on track. I'm still trying to maintain my early waking, though, because it gives me a little pocket of time when I don't feel like I'm supposed to be rushing about being productive.
I'm spending all day looking at black words on white pages so painting is even more of a life saver. I got two new big brushes for Christmas so I've been scribbling with those. I enjoy feeling free to scribble and learn what the brushes do wet and dry, and what happens to the colours. Love it, in fact.
2 comments:
I bought myself two big brushes recently - really uber cheap ones, and I plan on using the big one for painting backgrounds. The other two remain to be explored. Which is delicious like those colours. Love that bottom one with the pinks and purples and that lovely top note of emphatic white :)
This woman is doing something very similar to your practice of painting, only hers is with ink and paper. Meditation through patterns. http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2011/01/05/zentangle/
Post a Comment