This year I am resolved to do better in two main things: time management and exercise. I bought a mac laptop the other day which on the one hand is a temptation to faff about but on the other hand has enabled me to download an exercise 'app'. I'm starting with five minutes a day because I'm unfit and because it's a manageable addition to my day. I've also been trying to sustain the early rising that came with jetlag, because by the end of last year I was getting up woefully late and not being Grown Up about my week days. So that's another thing: I'm being Grown Up about my week days, not podging about doing inconsequential things but doing Productive and Vaguely-Work-Related Things, even if it's setting up Etsy stuff or practicing art therapy exercises while painting with friends. I'm squeezing in blogging as valid today, clearly. And I may have gone to Value Village earlier, but (almost) only to buy magazines to cut up for a therapeutically artistic collage plan with friends on Thursday. But I shall resist the wondrous salted chocolate cookie recipe I found the other day until Later On.
On the subject of art, I unplugged yesterday and did some. It's...experimental. I had a random piece of sort of plasticky mesh stuff and I taped it over the canvas and painted over that, sometimes with my fingers, which was pleasingly tactile. Originally I was going to then peel the mesh off, like a stencil, but a small experiment showed that it didn't really work as a stencil so I left it on. In hindsight a) I would have glued it down if I'd known I was going to leave in on there, and b) would have tried to use bolder colour as it faded as it dried, but you live and learn. Anyway, the raised pieces give it texture, right? Right. I'd like to try this again maybe with tissue paper or something else textured.
And now I must study.
No comments:
Post a Comment