I'm trying to use up last year's frozen produce before the new season begins. Today I was at the old A Rocha site re-potting tomato plants - always good for my soul to be at that place - and it has inspired me to use up the blueberries, pureed pumpkin and blackberries that I have in there. I did finish all the purple runner beans, which I'm sad about, as they are the best beans in the world.
I made these bars to use up some pumpkin. This is my kind of recipe. Put ingredients in bowl and mix, put in greased 8" pan and bake 350F for 25-30 minutes. Excellent. The original is here, along with photos, but I made adjustments as follows. You could substitute all manner of things, I would imagine, and I'm thinking a little cream cheese frosting wouldn't go amiss either. They go very well with tea.
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (or cooked and pureed)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4-1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup (max) sugar (or honey I expect)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (max)
pinch cinnamon
1/4 canola oil (or other vegetable oil)
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts
No comments:
Post a Comment