I thought I would update on the whole baking soda/vinegar hairwashing enterprise as it's been over a month so far. Riproaring success I would say. I'm still doing it, and I'm washing my hair every 3-4 days. It still feels lovely, slightly less frizzy, I fancy, and I feel righteous about the lack of chemicals.
Yesterday I decided to try an avocado hair mask. I mixed a ripe avocado, a teaspoon of honey, a couple of tablespoons of oats, a dash of milk and a pinch of ginger. In the end I was just looking around for more stuff I could chuck in. It tasted fantastic and in hindsight it might have contributed more to my overall health and happiness to just have eaten it, but instead I slathered it over my head, slapped on a shower cap and left it for half an hour. I would recommend, now, not putting oats in your hair and following up with warm water. I basically made fancy oatmeal porridge in my hair. It took forever to wash and comb out the oats. Quite ridiculous. I only rinsed it out, didn't wash it, and afterwards my hair was still quite grungy - it felt quite nice but looked perfectly dreadful. I left the grunge overnight and washed it today and it's as soft and fluffy as ever. Soft and fluffy isn't really in right now, it's all sleek flatness but I don't care a jot. I like it.
Next time, however, I'll eat the avocado.
No comments:
Post a Comment