A lot of books on spirituality (this one for example) talk about the 'vision quest' as part of a spiritual journey. One way to do this is to wander off to Alaska and live in a bus (until you misguidedly eat a poisonous plant - much like Brooke did today in the Bold and the Beautiful, although she's plane-wrecked with her step son on a pacific island. But still, the principle holds.)
Another way is to stay up all night and 'sit with your soul'. Since it's the royal wedding tomorrow at 3am here on the west coast, I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone. It wouldn't work though - I know this because I tried a similar thing a couple of days ago, doing yin yoga while simultaneously watching the Canucks play game seven of the Stanley Cup playoffs. In any case, I'm pretty sure neither my soul nor Will&Kate will be enough to keep me awake that late.
Meanwhile, I have five weeks until I have to start teaching again. I'm allowed to chill out but I really Must Not Waste My Time. I need a project because otherwise I'll just faff about and watch too many episodes of Bones. Must mull.
No comments:
Post a Comment