Since resurrecting my calligraphy pens I've been dabbling and here is one of my efforts. I'm no great shakes but I like to practice. It's from a poem by David Whyte called The Well of Stars (in
this crisp, deep collection). I do wish two things - that I had included the previous line (provided here in lifeless computer-generated font) and that I had correctly quoted it (the line is actually 'their fear, their fierceness and their faith') although the way I have arranged it, I like it how it is, so with apologies to Mr Whyte, this is how I shall keep it. I don't think he'd mind.
(It seems to be a wee bit blurry, but if you click on it, it's clearer.)
...walking like pilgrims
through doubt,
2 comments:
my favourite letter is the "f" from "faith." the weight of the line is perfect for the flourish.... how big is it?
Thanks - I personally like the 'e's of fierceness. I'd like to learn that celtic font more.
The 'f' is about 3.5cm high, 4cm wide and the nib is about 1.5mm. It's the widest nib I have.
If you do calligraphy I'd like to see it!
Post a Comment