Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mistress of none

I'm a dabbler. Here are some creative things I've been dabbling in lately.
Finger-painting
 Crochet - that's interlocking crochet so it's different on the back. Be impressed.
Etsy treasuries and also general Etsy shop promotion overload
 And yesterday, photograph-taking at my friend's house, our reward for window-washing.


There's a quote from Annie Dillard: 'How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives'. On bad days this feels like an accusation. On good days, discernment. Here's to the good days.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Retract that "mistress of none" statement or I shall fly to Canada and stab you in the eye with a cattle prod.

:)

Beautiful! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Everything on here is beautiful!

It's funny how that quote can feel like an accusation. It's always on the days where I haven't been doing creative things. Do you find that? Somehow, take some time out to be creative, and the rest of the hours expand out as if you never took any time at all.

E.Louise said...

Yes - creativity extends time whereas, say, binge-watching tv does not. And I think putting all the bits and pieces of creativity on here in one place made me feel better, like I do now and again make time for it, sporadically. The benefit of reflective blogging I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...