Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Meanwhile

See what happened was I was under the weather again with chest pains and also writing more in my handwritten journal, both of which hampered my blogging. The other problem is that in order to blog I have to go online and then I'm off on pinterest and etsy and twitter and whatnot and nothing gets done, especially since I am not an early riser. But here I am and all is well. One day I'll type my blog posting on my typewriter and photograph it maybe. That might be fun (and less likely to involve darting off mid-sentence to pin a photo of Timothy Omundson with a beard as just happened).
There's a thing I discovered today called the 31 day challenge where you're supposed to post every day in October on a particular topic. Well I don't know if I'll manage that. I'm not the committing sort,  really, but perhaps. I doubt it will be on a particular topic for the entire month because I'm too squirly.
Part of the reason I got under the weather was stress. Things got somewhat dicey financially speaking for a while there - lentils are my friends - and I was trying to simultaneously pay immediate bills and also think epic thoughts about which country I want to live in and what I wanted to do when I grow up, in those countries. The networking-slash-jobhunting gig is also extra tiring for an introvert so there's that. I should probably write about vocation and discernment but frankly lately I feel like the more time passes the less I think I know.
And so as in the spring with my thyroid nonsense, I really feel like brought auto-immune health issues down on myself and only started to feel better (still a work in progress) once I gave myself a bit of a shake and tried harder to not only manage my symptoms but the cause. Not to be judgemental on myself, because that exacerbates, but just to help myself where I can, to limit stressors and be grateful. In fact compassion is the word. Not only self care and soul care but compassion for oneself because that's a better base for looking outwards to how to help others.
So that's where I am. I have booked (thanks to a kind familial donation) my flight home to Blighty for Christmas and I'm ramping up my Etsy efforts to try and get some extra income that way, and because it's fun.
I'm not sure I've said much here of substance but tis my life and we press on. I did some fun painting with a friend the other day so maybe more on that next time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...