Monday, June 23, 2014

Kick at the darkness

Got to kick at the darkness
'Til it bleeds daylight
~ Bruce Cockburn

There is a battle going on between my soul and my bank account. I'm not sure yet who will win but sometimes it makes my body hurt. Today I dutifully prepped an application for a Sensible Job and then rewarded myself by designing my dream syllabus to teach, followed by a little photo session with some petals that just dropped from a rose I have and made two new card designs. Here's one. It's a ra-ra message from me to me - let others be obsessed with straight lines and controlled order. I'm off.
Spoke to a helpful gentlemen at the student loan place too who put my mind a little more at ease about repayments, so that's freaking me out a little less. And for the grand finale of my birthday celebrations went with a friend to see a movie ('Chef' - seemed to be sponsored by Twitter and pork) followed by us sitting in the evening sun with my annual Long Island Iced Tea and my new favourite discovery: White Spot's Monty mushroom bacon poutine. I'm eyeing up the Santa Fe poutine with pulled pork for next time. Best not today though. Can't have poutine every day. Not until heaven.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...