Monday, May 19, 2014

Emergence

I tried once again to use the Kroma Crackle product that makes a cracked surface on top of painting. I had a painted page and tried to frame it with a crackle effect. That stuff is hard to manage - to get a good effect it needs to be thick but it's still a liquid so pasted on thick it will spread out and become thin. I wonder if you're supposed to barricade it in with edges, but then it sticks to the edges.
Well I did my best.


The paper wrinkled so I got these waves of crackle that peeled up at the edges I think more than they are supposed to. Not all that successful - and it took DAYS to dry. But then I took some photos of details with the setting cranked up on my camera and the cracks got more interesting. Here's a peek at the effect.
And then I edited said photos and created new images that I love in a big smile way - in fact I printed up an 8x10 print of this one and it's on my wall (and probably soon on Etsy). I have a series of three now and might do more. I love how the inverse lighting makes it look like things are underground, emerging and the colours turned out so rich and earthy. I'm tempted now to take the process full circle and paint an image like this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...