(Title from here.)
I have entirely mixed feelings about moving. Oh, I'm moving. Only across town. The new place is literally twice the size, two bedrooms, for the same price. Plus I can have the piano my friend has offered to give me, and there is a fenced yard for Syd. But it is a basement suite, under my friends' house, in a new neighbourhood. It has windows but I really thought my basement suite days were over and big changes like this give me the willies. The basementness makes it feel like a backward step. I can make it cozy. Right? Buy a large mirror to reflect light. Plus I've got so used to sleeping in my living room/kitchen and essentially living in one room that the idea of having a whole room dedicated to sleeping and another two whole rooms on top of that is oddly agoraphobia-inducing. I am a strange bean.
I feel like this.
1 comment:
It's a new adventure, but yes, moving does tend to frazzle the brain.
Post a Comment