Friday, May 20, 2011

Lighten up while you still can

Living on your own is really a narrow path. One danger is to start taking yourself far too seriously, and it's important to be aware of the tendency and balance out purposeful, serious thought with a little whimsy. The opposite danger, of course, is that you end up like Miranda, but it seems to me there are worse fates. I find that owning a digital camera assists in this balance, enabling me to record priceless moments like this recent brunch.
And I think at this juncture,  the classic comedy carrots of 2008 are worth a reposting:
To round off this nonsense, a friend of mine just gave me a foil plate of sprouting sunflower seeds that I'm supposed to be eating but I find it a bit scary. It's like a alien sunflower jungle and I expect to wake up and have to hack my way through to get to the front door. It's more fun to play with than to eat, I'm finding (although I have obediently eaten some).

1 comment:

JoMama said...

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha!! Laughing in a loud voice (LIALV). The sprout forest is funny.

And the comedy carrots are such classics. Worthy of their own t-shirt.

And your eggs look like the boundary lines of the united states of america to me. I guess that makes the two muffiny things Canada.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...