Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Home and away

Well I guess it's been a while. I've been staying a A Rocha more or less since my crash. I came for the company and sympathy but it's been useful to also borrow their van now and again. Yesterday though I had to commute to my once-weekly Vancouver job and the journey was two hours each way which was a little brutal.

I still don't have a car of my own although I'm hoping to see one tomorrow. I've driven a huge 2011 Chevy Impala and now a more manageable 2011 Ford Fiesta as rental cars and I'm waiting for the verdict from the insurance company on the distribution of liability - someone hit me and pushed me into the car in front, which I couldn't have avoided, but I have to wait for the verdict from on high to know more about compensation and such.

And that's the news. I have just started reading In Pursuit of Silence by George Prochnik and so far I like it. I get a lot of satisfaction from getting new books from the library (2010) and thinking I might be the first person to borrow them. (I get no small amount of dissatisfaction from borrowing books that are too well-thumbed - science fiction books especially. You just don't know Where They've Been.) There hasn't been a whole lot of silence in my life lately between my jobs, medical appointments, car-related nonsense and community living, but I am planning a get-away over Thanksgiving weekend back in my own home when I return there on Saturday. Although it's been lovely to stay at A Rocha it has added to my general discombobulatedness. My chiropractor told me I have a very tense neck and shoulders, which doesn't surprise me. I just thought it was normal. I think my life - and my work life in particular - needs a little thinning, a little simplifying. Must ponder...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...