Sunday, October 24, 2010

As good as a rest

Every few months my mum would take to rearranging the living room furniture. She would position the sofa away from the French doors in summer, move the armchair out of the corner in winter to make room for the Christmas tree, and so on, totally rearranging everything. She claimed it was seasonal but I think it was her way of generating change, her version of feng shui. I've adopted a penchant for rearranging furniture, although in a four hundred square feet apartment there's a limit to the permutations. I have ambitions to move the tv since I no longer have cable so watch shows on my laptop, and I don't watch dvds or yoga videos as often as I had envisaged. It's no longer necessary to have all my furniture pointing at a big black box.
However, that's for another day.
Today I decided that my nesting had plateau-ed and I needed one or two New Things to fill in some gaps. At the ever-rewarding Value Village I bought new ten dollar curtains that are green instead of the somewhat anaemic, invisible cream ones I have now, and a brown rug for my bedroom, as well as a few other items to give my space a little more presence.
I also bought $15 as-new black boots to tide me over until I can spare $250. I also traded grading time for shopping time so I pay for that tomorrow. But I'm happy with both deals.

1 comment:

Carm said...

I NEVER rearrange my furniture once it's set. I wonder what that says about me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...