Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Discovering space

I was thinking of starting a new blog so I began a trial on Squarespace and spent an afternoon setting up a template and what have you. Only now it's so gorgeous and smooth and professional-looking that I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually use it. It would be like moving from a basement apartment into a fancy house. Here's a screenshot of the main page. I like the dark misty woods. It's actually the woods at the end of my street on a foggy day, made fancy by Squarespace.
I really like the word 'betwixting' and feel like it's time to move on from 'planting my feet'. I feel like I made up the word but I'm slightly worried that it might be some weird sex thing. I did google it and if it is, it isn't on the internet. Besides, if it is, that can only add to my site views, right?
I had the idea that since I can't fulfil my idea of running an actual retreat centre right now, some kind of online restful space might be neat. Plus I wanted to get other people to write things about betwixting. A place to park a bunch of quotes and book recommendations and images. It would cost me money. Very little money, actually, but still. I can't decide if it's how I ought to be spending my time (the constant guilt trip).
This would be a central theme/quote/goal. It's from Inferno by Dante Alighieri, which I just finished reading.
And he began, 'What chance or destiny
has brought you here before your final day?
And who is he who leads your pilgrimage?'
'Up there in life beneath the quiet stars
I lost my way,' I answered, 'in a valley,
before I'd reached the fullness of my age.
I turned my shoulders on it yesterday:
this soul appeared as I was falling back,
and by the road through Hell he leads me home.'
'Follow your star and you will never fail
to find your glorious port,' he said to me.
~ Dante Inferno

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...