Monday, February 23, 2015

Dwell

I'm quite antsy at the moment. I don't know why now, particularly, except that I just became a Canadian citizen and so New Options open up and that's not always a helpful thing. And because over the last years it has become so much a part of my psyche to be thinking about The Next Thing and what I want to do when I grow up that it's hard to know who I'd be if I ever stopped doing that. Too many options can be as paralyzing and unsettling as not enough. And at the end of the day it's all to do with perspective and the part-way filling of glasses. So I try to cut myself some slack and just live now because I'm a planner and I'm goal-orientated so it's really very hard to just dwell without guilt.
My gallery job continues to inspire me to do art. Right now the exhibiting artist is doing her art in the gallery, making it as her show progresses, if that makes sense, which is bold since she doesn't know how it will turn out. Last week it looked like this:
In my pursuit of the free (in every sense), this week's creativity went into making a pinterest board with forty images, one for every day of Lent, thinking of Lent not only as a time of Christian reflection but a time of a lot of underground work, preparing for Spring. The board is here. It got too complicated to post a piece online each day, what with tracking down the original sources and so on, so I settled for a pinterest board. But here's one of my favourites: 'Organic Oval' by Jeff Lewis (available here, on what looks like a pretty neat website)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...