Thursday, December 4, 2014

Giddybus

I just had a very surreal moment. I'm making my Christmas gifts this year, which all my family and close friends are inconsolably thrilled about. I have an almost-nephew (my bestie's son) whose facebook page says he likes Star Wars, so I found a cross-stitch pattern of a wee little Chewbacca and next to it put a Star Wars quote I thought he could put on his bedroom door, and so I'm sitting here on a Thursday evening watching Rory Gilmore make sidelong glances at Jess (you go girl) and cross-stitching the word SCUM and suddenly things got weird. Is this real life? Who am I? What the hell am I doing? Plus my almost-nephew is actually 16 years old so I highly doubt anything involving embroidery thread is high on his wish list. But he's a nice kid and I'll tell him he can give it to his mum. I just emailed myself a picture of the cross-stitch on my phone to put on here and hit random keys to make a subject line and it spelled 'giddybus'. That's about right. I swear I have not been drinking. Who needs alcohol when you have needlework?

2 comments:

Sue said...

Cool present. He'll either love it or think you're a nutso giddybus :)

(Both would be good, too, wouldn't it?)

E.Louise said...

Hopefully both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...