Saturday, August 16, 2014

Raindrops and roses

The hot weather has, for the moment, departed, and it's grey and rainy and lovely. I feel like a new person. I told someone I felt like the grey cloudy sky was like a snug blanket and I think he thought that very odd but that's perfectly fine because I feel like a new person.

I joined Twitter quite recently and I'm still figuring it out. It's a little manic and intense for me, I think, but that's partly to do with who I follow. Yesterday I added some Funny People because I had too many Intense Fierce People I was following. Twitter is so instantaneous that it's hard to keep up, and the feed doesn't discriminate between traffic reports, civic unrest and recipes, so I'm like this as I read it line by line: GRR, I must be ANGRY about this...ooh shiny!...ha ha, that's funny...No! That's completely UNFAIR...ooh, shiny!...and so on. Maybe I'm just old, or follow too many people, or I'm doing it wrong, but it's a little much for me. Plus I have to remember that it's entirely public, unlike, say, my facebook page. I had a link to this blog on there for a while but now I put up my Etsy page because I don't know if I want all and sundry ending up here (I'd rather they bought my stuff). I'm not trying to be a Blogger Of Note. Just pottering about living a quiet life, really.

So the rain, then. It did some cool things with what I assume are spiders' webs in the grass. So in a roses-smelling moment I grabbed the camera and took some pics. It almost looks interstellar with the little bubbles of rain, or like jewels.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...