Let the beauty of what we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Rumi
I took this photo in the back garden yesterday. As usual, it took about fifty to get this one; there was a breeze so the web was swaying about, and it was hard to persuade the camera to focus on the little spider, not on the fence.
It's an amazing thing to watch a spider weave a web; so precise, so persistent, so fragile. And then they just wait. What do they think about as they sit there?
May you allow the wild beauty of the invisible world to gather you,
mind you, and embrace you in belonging.
John O'Donohue ~ Eternal Echoes
2 comments:
Why is it sometimes so hard to do what we love and keep that pure? Instead of turning our thoughts to how to monetize it? I guess not having enough money is the basic answer to that, but right now I'm missing this space. Need yoga ... and spiderly contemplation
Yes agreed. It's a fine line. Sometimes I wonder if it's easier to separate the two - just have a mundane job and then keep the stuff you love to do "pure'". I don't know. Either I find I want to monetize it or put it online, neither of which is an evil thing, esp if it helps someone else, but still, It's good to keep some things for yourself too.
Post a Comment