Friday, July 4, 2014

Good practice

Since my last post I have been feeling substantially better and it's about bloody time - I am not good at chronic anything. I'm not perfect, but substantially better. It's hard to say what finally did the trick, as I've essentially been doing anything and everything I can think of, including doing Not Doing Anything for good measure and it may just have run its course. Probably overall I'm living a healthier lifestyle now, which is no bad thing.

Also, I am less worried that I am wasting away by a pound a day. It turns out my digital bathroom scales are on the fritz so have been messing with my mind. I weighed myself on my neighbour's mechanical scales and I have in fact put on a pound or two, probably from trying to 'bulk up' after thinking I was losing weight at a deathly rate. Hurrah. I might keep going. I like being Not Spindly.

I splashed out on a chiro appointment today. He did the whole cracking of the neck thing. It's good for me to go to the chiropractor partly for the amazing loose feeling you get afterwards, bit like a bobble head - I feel incredibly clear-minded after I go to the chiropractor, like my brain has been tidied up. And partly for the practice in trust - when a person knows how to kill you and has your head in their hands and they're revving up to crack your neck, it's important to relax and trust them so you don't get injured. That is good practice for me.

Externally, my financial/career situation is largely unchanged but somehow the combination of all these new strategies is actually helping. It's my 'meds'. I have to stay on my meds.

Oh and I'm on instagram now. I'm not sure why but there it is. Right then, time for chips and West Wing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...