Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dark materials

So having been un-puppied and having moved house a couple of weeks ago, I still find myself in limbo, and not able to position my ducks in a linear fashion in order to Really Study Properly and work consistently on my thesis proposal. My new suite has to have Stuff done to it that involves dust (not the dark materials kind) and the entire ceiling and so things must be in boxes and at some point in the next couple of weeks I will de-camp to a friend's house for a week to be out of the way. It's all very monastic-slash-minimal around here.
Part of me likes the non-materialist, streamlined look, but a (much) bigger part of me wants to cover the walls in dark purple and blue fabric (dark materials!) and buy lots of colourful jangly stuff to strew around the space in a Bohemian manner.
In other news, I have just started reading I Asked For Wonder by Abraham Joshua Heschel. Here's a quote which was one of my holy moments this week:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...