Saturday, May 4, 2013

Heretical healing

So I've finished my 3000 word paper on healing. It introduced me to open theism, which looks very interesting. The fact it's often considered heretical is just a bonus. More on that later. I also connected it with process theology (even more 'heretical') and women's theology (like this and this), which validated my integration of my own story and theology. I like my theological world where we can take pieces of different theologies and pieces of our own stories and integrate them together rather than smashing them all into each other to see which bits fall off.
Here's one of the best quotes I found, and then one of my own.
The bountiful love of God that is pained when we are wounded, provides space within God’s very self in which we can find rest and restoration…Slowly our vision clears and we come to see that we are so lovingly embraced, even those of us who are utterly convinced of our wretchedness" 
Elizabeth Webb, in Women, Writing, Theology

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...