This is the time of the semester when I start to get overloaded with input and suffer from not enough Mulling Time. Every week in my healing class especially we meet and learn so much together and I come away with far too much to think about and mull. I madly collect quotes and references to books I want to read later, but in most cases probably won't. My response to a lot of it is to want to paint, but between full time studies and three piecemeal jobs, I just haven't got time. Still, as problems go, a surfeit of inspiration and development is probably not a bad one to have.
The trick, as the mystics taught us this week, is to learn what to keep, and what to let go.
This is the kind of Friend
You are -
Without making me realize
My soul's anguished history,
You slip into my house at night,
And while I am sleeping,
You silently carry off
All my suffering and sordid past
In Your beautiful
Hands.
~ Hafiz
No comments:
Post a Comment