Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reach for the sun...as if you were a plant

If you want to have a life that is worth living, a life that expresses your deepest feelings and emotions, and cares and dreams, you have to fight for it. You have to go wherever you need to go, and you have to be wherever you need to be, and place yourself there against the forces that would distort you and destroy you.
~ Alice Walker, with more here

1 comment:

Sue said...

Alice Walker is a warrior and them's fighting words. Just before I read this page I was having a bit of a dip in the victimhood bath. Then I climbed out and shook myself off and thought, "Come on, Susie. There's other better ways to look at this." And then I came to your page. I actually have this article sitting open on my browser waiting to read :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...