Monday, September 17, 2012

Advanced scribbling II

So I wondered the other day what it would look like to pour cheap paint instead of fancy paint mixed with fancy pouring medium. This is what it looks like. This is plain acrylic craft paint. I like the effect a lot - the colours don't mix at all - and I started small then did a bigger piece. It's the bigger arm waving that I'm after, really. I just scribbled it on then held the paper in different directions. The larger thinner paper buckled but the thick paper stayed flat. It's marvelous to watch it swirling slowly around.


 And obligatory Picasa tweak:
After this, I mixed cheap paint with pouring medium, but that's a story for another day. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, wow, these are ... I am having a bodily reaction to these. All sort of pummelly in my chest (in a good way, not in a pulmonary embolistic sort of a way :)

They really are beautiful. You've inspired me ... :)

E.Louise said...

Do you know, Sue, that's a good description of how it felt to do them - you should try it - couldn't be simpler. Cheap paint in a squeezy bottle and away you go.
And also, whenever I post on art, I hope that you'll comment :)

Sue said...

:) It's always fun commenting on art. It's a lovely place to fling a few about in :)

That technique does sound very simple. I shall definitely have to give it a try one day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...