Ah, clouds I love you! Just five minutes ago the blazing sun went behind some hazy but effective clouds. A little respite. I hope the clouds stick around till the sun sets. The last couple of days have been in the lower thirties which is too, too hot for me. I can't do anything, my brain won't work, and I get very grumpy at having to put my life on hold and at it being too hot to eat hot food and drink hot tea. Naturally I don't have air conditioning and my three main room windows get blasted with sun from about 1pm until it goes down. Today I covered two of them with foil, radical but hopefully helpful. I was already behind when I started as it was already 25C in my place, but it's done now, and holding steady at 26-ish in here, compared with 32 outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little cooler, the upper twenties, and I'll be ahead of the game with the defenses.
I'm in the middle, the throes you might say, of writing a paper on the Holy Spirit which is proving, as I might have expected, rather elusive. I think it will be ok, but I can't even remotely focus when it's hot hot hot. So, here's hoping it does indeed cool down in the next few days. Meanwhile, this laptop radiates heat so I shall switch it off and switch it back on later for a bit of tele. If you are not hampered by a heat-radiated computer, check out this live puppy cam, which is my other main distraction, only click to watch it on youtube because if you sit on here for hours you'll throw off my stats.
No comments:
Post a Comment