Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Prime

So yesterday I turned 39. I had a very nice day. I had lunch with a friend and otherwise did mostly normal everyday things, but since at the moment normal everyday life is very nice, I was content. Not coincidentally I have also decided to get fitter, particularly since it seems the accident compensation will include payment for a fitness plan. As a goal, this is both achievable given my current state of fitness, and conveniently vague. However, I had my first session at the gym with my personal trainer today. She's very nice. She's about 12 years old I think, but patient. She had to downgrade some of the exercises although she upgraded one or two others that were too easy (hurrah!). I plan to do as many as I can at home, because the gym was a bit manly, but I'll use the treadmill/elliptical and some of the weight machines I can't replicate at home. There's a pool there too so once I avail myself of a swimsuit I may take a dip after workouts. Plural. See that? I'm very motivated, partly, it has to be said, because it will make me less guilty about eating lots of bad food, but also because my body deserves a little more respect. I don't need to lose weight, well, maybe a pound or three, tops, but I absobloodylutely do need to get fitter. I'm in my prime now, after all.
image of me by me (c)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy birthday! I'm surprised to hear that they let 12-year-olds do personal training, though. I thought they mostly specialized in driving their parents nuts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...