(this is how the post ended up going out - and I only caught this on a re-read. I kind of like my own distractedness, though, so I'm leaving it. Who knows what I meant to say...)
This is Hal Pepinsky's view of restorative justice and, perhaps not coincidentally, my view of life.
Show up.
Pay attention.
Tell the truth.
Don't be attached to outcomes.
I read too about Bianchi's explanation of tsedaka which is apparently a Hebrew concept that is not as an image of scales and just deserts, but as a more circular process of peace and reconciliation that brings people together in relationship and shared truth. This is the utter opposite of the idea of justice that I grew up with as the absolute core of Christianity. I can't help feeling that I'm at the mercy of biblical and theological 'experts' pulling in two different directions. At their mercy, that is, unless I place a little Quaker-like trust in my own instinct, my divine spark, my imagination, my brain, my soul, my own companionship with Jesus.
Christianity is mainly wishful thinking.
Sometimes wishing is the wings the truth comes true on.
Sometimes the truth is what sets us wishing for it.
~ Frederick Buechner Listening to your Life
Mulling is needed.I was looking for art that would reflect interconnectedness and I found this circular loveliness, from this Etsy artist.
our souls are inseparable from the world's soul

No comments:
Post a Comment