Sunday, February 14, 2016

Quality of life

Dereliction of blogging duty has been occurring. I have moved and started a new half time job, in my defence, and for one hideous week, did not have internet access at my new place.

I have realized, in the process of finding a flat I could afford, and beginning to live way up here in the midlands, that I need to work on my humility, patience, gratitude, and basically all the things. Truly, I think these are hard things for me. Perhaps for everyone, I couldn't say, but certainly for me. I think if I did work on these things, it would help my underlying anxiety issues that still are popping up now and again - less often, but still present. I get sudden weird almost dissociative moments, and/or feel suddenly entirely overwhelmed. Not overly often, and less frequently as time goes by (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it). It passes, and when it does I get my arse in gear planning strategies to manage stress and change and being a new place and whatnot. (I must say that while I miss my Canadian friends it is fantastically nice not to have to get on any more long haul flights basically ever. I suppose I will at some point, but not any time soon. This island has more than enough to see.)

And so my strategies include trying harder to be humble, patient and grateful. I'm not sure this means anything more sophisticated right now than having a word with myself. And it's balanced with cutting myself slack and eating properly, etc etc. That kind of thing. Self-care. Including creative things, of course:

image by me

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm glad you put the bit in at the end about cutting yourself some slack or I might have had to long haul it over there to slap your bum :)

Glad you're settling in, hope the anxiety continues to abate. It's a hard thing to deal with.

E.Louise said...

Ha yes thanks Sue. That's fair!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...