Monday, January 4, 2016

Comfort

Right then, new year. I have enough to figure out without resolutions, thanks very much, but if I have any they're really just the same as always - to balance my life, to not compare with other people, to take care of myself and others, etc etc. That sort of thing. My health is much better - "a normal reaction to a stressful event" the doctor said, which was helpful in itself. More to do, but as I keep telling myself, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Was in Bristol last weekend and visited the steamship Great Britain which was designed by Brunel. Bristol is a nice city and the ship is very nice and well restored. Yet somehow I managed to take quite a few pictures of patches of rust and cogs.








I also have a new app - Jesuit Prayer - for daily readings and whatnot. I like it so far. This one is a good one for a new year.

The visit of the magi challenged Matthew’s first readers and challenge us to recognize that the saving word of God, the good news, is not reserved for some, but is intended for all. Not just for “people like us” but for “them” as well. Not only for those who believe just as we do, but also for those who don’t. It’s a challenge, yes, but a comfort, too, because we realize that even the alien parts of our own selves are welcome into the presence of the one who saves.
~ Fr Martin Connell S.J.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...