Oh dear, my poor, sad, neglected blog. Lately my time has been filled with other things. Sometimes I think of something I could write about but then I see something shiny.
I am trying to be Serious about my research because I have a thesis to write and a career to chase. I also have three jobs and a newly-stocked Etsy shop to manage, none of the latter being very time-consuming in themselves, but adding up to full days somehow.
And I've been making stuff, as usual. I took a Sunday afternoon off to paint this which is one of the larger paintings I've done so was very pleasing to do as it involved lots of arm's length swooping.
In the realm of the woollen arts I made this small granny square blanket for a charity auction. (And since I only ever crochet while watching tv shows, this productivity goes to show I have not exactly had my nose to the grindstone at all hours of the day. Heaven forbid.)
This is a shawl I made for my mother (who, by the way, came home from hospital a few weeks ago after 7 months). I think this was the pattern.
And now I'm getting back to finishing this crocheted tartan blanket that I started close to a year ago, and which is still a work in progress but is, if I do say so, looking great for something so very simple to do.
And so on we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment