Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The law of diminishing personal space

I'm one week into a two-week stay with friends while the entire ceiling of my suite is replaced. The suite had to be completely emptied of all stuff and furniture (which is now in their garage) and I brought a few things to my friends' place, where I have a room. (And I'm repeatedly thinking of refugees who often don't have such care.) Two weeks is a long time to be a guest so I'm trying to be unobtrusive and not underfoot even though really in the grand scheme of things I'm trying to learn to do, not exactly the opposite, but to be more open-armed expressive and sink my feet into the earth, so it's a tension at the moment. I have been quite anxious, emotional and stressed lately because of this and an assortment of other things, but I really don't want to go on medication so I'm trying to sleep long enough, eat properly (easier now that someone else is cooking!), be with people when needed and away from people when needed, exercise (sort of, work in progress that one) and try to train my brain to mend itself on its own with a boot camp of centering prayer, meditation and positive thinking. Brain training, if you will.
I quite like this video. It's some kind of west coast hippie yoga thing, but I like it. I think the finger tapping has to work along the same lines as EFT tapping, which I also like. It seems to me that giving the brain something simple and repetitive to focus on is the key, along with simple repeated thoughts.



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 
I do not give as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Jesus ~ John 14:27

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...