As you can see, things have been a bit dark and swirly lately, what with my mother's ongoing illness and then a fiendish cold of my own that basically put me in solitary for a week right when I needed to be with people, but the light still breaks through. The fact I had my head together enough to invite a friend over to paint with me says a lot. In fact, I've been all about self-care this week and it has helped. When we suffer, God leans in. And the other morning as I shuffled about filling the kettle, a little bird sat on my window sill, where they never sit, and sang away in a very determined manner. It was as if she kept saying 'and another thing...' to which I replied, out loud, 'I know. You're right. I know'. We had quite the conversation for a few minutes.
There is life, still.
1 comment:
Such beautiful artwork, so much movement and energy in amongst the angst.
Sad to hear about your mother's illness. Ain't it just a little crud how we get sick at the times when we most really don't need to get sick. I do hope you're on the improve :)
Post a Comment