Monday, December 17, 2012

Cheer

So I'm off to England tomorrow. I haven't been back for two years, so I anticipate a little reverse culture shock. In as much as my budget will allow, I won't choose to stay away for this long again. Why be a heroine? Last Christmas here on my own was quite dire - I just waited it out. So I see no reason to put myself through that when I have a perfectly good family back in the UK. And of course they're all happy I'm coming too. Everyone's a winner. I'm sure that familial hugs, decent cups of tea and walks on the Downs with my Dad will perk me up.


3 comments:

Sue said...

That sounds lovely. I hope you have a great time. Are you taking your crochet blanket with you?

PS: Indigo would be soooooooo amazing on that tablecloth, which is 1000 kinds of beautiful. You are so talented :)

E.Louise said...

Thanks Sue! I'm not taking the blanket because it's already too big, but I'm taking two balls of wool for a scaled down scarf version. Realized I can't take it on the plane because I need frequent access to scissors. By the way, I installed a whole load of ad-blockers on my browser and now it's blocking disqus so I can't comment on your blog. I keep meaning to figure out which app is blocking it, but I AM reading and liking!! Merry Christmas!

Sue said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Emma.

Thanks for the feedback about Disqus. I've had a few people make comments about Disqus creating problems. I'm thinking of getting rid of it actually, as long as I don't lose any of my comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...