Friday, September 16, 2011

A chat

God:  Now I know you’re not the type to leap off cliffs into the great unknown. That’s ok, to be honest, there aren’t many who are that type. So come over to the edge and check out what I’ve done. What, what’s the matter?
Me:  It’s just that I don’t like heights.
God:  Well that’s exactly my point. Look, hold on to me.
Me:  Ok.
God:  Now look down there. It isn’t a leap into the mist. I’ve put in some ledges. See? In fact, if you look back that way you can see the ledge you jumped from last time.
Me:  I see it.
God:  So all we have to do is jump down there to that ledge. Not that I don’t think we could jump together far into the mist but you don’t think you could do that.
Me:  Too right.
God:  Yes, well, so we’ll work with that and I’ve put in ledges so that we can hang out here as long as you like and then just jump down to that next ledge.
Me:  So you won’t jump without me?
God:  What would be the point of that?
Me:  No, ok, good… It’s still a little bit far.
God:  Yes it is a little bit far, but not too far. I measured. Twice.
Me:  Do they all go downwards?
God:  No, although even when they do you end up at the top.
Me:  That’s weird.
God:  You don’t know the half of it. Actually sometimes we get to walk along flat ground for a while.
Me:  That’s nice.
God:  Indeed, it’s easier on the knees. So what do you want us to do?
Me:  Let’s do it.
God:  Ok, hold my hand. 1…2…
Me:  Wait! Are we jumping on 3, or after 3?
God:  I was going to go after 3.
Me:  Me too.
God:  Funny that. Ok then, so 1…2…3…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...