I can't die right now. It's just really bad timing.
~ Stranger Than Fiction
I always enjoy movies where the main character breaks free of their mundane, rigid, grey life and learns to inhabit a bigger, bolder and more colourful life. Think Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes.
And as this song I keep hearing on the radio also illustrates, if we grow up Christian we're likely to live with a hell of a lot of fear and guilt and shame weighing us down and it can make us lead grey lives tormented by shouldn'ts and ought not to's, fear of change and of difference. The sad part is that it's the exact opposite of what a faith in Jesus is supposed to do for us. We have to flip it around. Less being a "Christian" and more following Jesus. That sort of thing. Who's with me?
Dr. Jules Hilbert: Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.
Harold Crick: What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes?
Dr. Jules Hilbert: Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.
~ Stranger Than Fiction

No comments:
Post a Comment