I just spent a week staying at the A Rocha centre. It was getting harder to leave so I thought I'd better just rip the bandaid off. I was essentially on vacation so I didn't do a whole lot but I did contribute two meals and work a little in the garden. Yesterday another woman and I harvested a tiny portion of the basil from these rows.
Following directions from the must-have new book Saving the Seasons (from the people that brought you Simply in Season) we made some basil pesto and froze it in ice-cube trays like this, for later consumption, as well as a batch for dinner. I felt very Mennonite.
Here are a few more photos: it's a nice place.
in the next we have amaranth on the left and quinoa on the right.
I did have plenty of time and space for reading and writing and there's more to be said on that. For now, I leave you with an apt quote from Gift from the Sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment