Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Abrigar esperanzas: to shelter hope

I recently finished reading Practicing Resurrection by Nora Gallagher. It's a memoir of her time spent deciding whether or not to become an Episcopalian priest and one of the things I appreciated was how she described her little epiphanies, her moments of revelation in the process of figuring herself and her decision out. I also appreciated that she wrote 'and then I started to cry' on almost every other page. I thought I would write out some quotes but the parts I liked best fit in the context of larger sections. The phrase in the title of this post is one she returns to a few times and I like it as a tidy but complicated phrase (since I am also tidy but complicated). So instead I recommend it to you as, like the subtitle says, a memoir of work, doubt, discernment, and moments of grace.

If I post less these days it's because I have job applications and interviews and such going on and I'm trying to keep my eye on left field, which is where all kinds of things seem to be coming from these days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...